Sunday, April 22, 2012

How To Care For Introverts

I saw this on Facebook today. . . made me laugh at first, and then as I was reading through them, I knew how true it was. I am pretty introverted, and some of these points really really stuck out. I do consider being introverted a disability of mine.


How to Care for Introverts


1. Respect their need for privacy.
2.NEVER embarrass them in public, and if you HAVE to tease them, do it with care. . .
3. Let them observe first in a new situation.
4.Give them time to think, don't demand an instant answer (This is a big one for me, I have to preplan everything I say!)
5. Don't interrupt them
6. Give them advance notice of expected changes in their life 
7. Give them a 15 minute warning to let them finish whatever they are doing. 
8. Reprimand them privately.
9. Teach them new skills privately.
10. Enable to let them find one friend in which they have similar interests. 
11. Don't push them to find lots of friends. Sometimes I come off as being stuck up, but believe me, I am just shy, especially at first. . .just give me time.
12. RESPECT THEIR INTROVERSION


No comments:

Post a Comment